Instagram For Business
by Agnes Kiesz
3 Pillars of Your Instagram Account:
1. Enticing Presentation
2. Engaging Content
3. Call to action
1. Enticing & Consistent Photos
1. Be clear and don't confuse people – a confused mind says no!
2. Be consistent - consistency and quality over frequency
3. You can't be everything for everyone - so speak to your niche/ideal client
4. If you do marketing on social media, visually enticing photos will be one of your most important investments
5. Professional/High End looking content = Professional/High End Business
IMPORTANCE OF BRANDING & PRESENTATION
1. Enticing Marketing & Presentation is where everything starts and before you get it right, it will be very difficult to get ideal clients
2. You only have few seconds to grab people's attention and 30 seconds to get your message across
3. Branding determines your prices too!
2. Your Personal Brand
1. What do you stand for?
2. What do you most like about your personality?
3. What are you best at in business?
4. What are the colors of your brand?
5. Who is your ideal client?
WHY YOU NEED PHOTOS OF YOURSELF
1. Marketing yourself is so powerful,
because people want to work
with those they trust & like
2. Your business is You
3. Portraits have the most engagement
3. Content Building Rules
1. Be Positive! No politics/religion
2. Frequency is NOT as important as Consistency
3. Connection & Engagement – ask Questions and answer them
4. Write with Value not a discount, write about things that are Valuable To You – make the experience Desirable
5. Use Insta Stories
4. Post Ideas
1. Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue!
2. Behind The Scenes (Insta Stories!)
3. Feature your Clients
4. Hashtags: #MarketingMonday, #TransformationTuesday, #WomanCrushWednesday #ThrowbackThursday, #FashionFriday, #SmallBusinessSaturday, #SundayFunday
5. Ask your Clients Why they're booking you
6. Best Marketing in the world solves a problem – write a list of problems You are solving
7. Knowledge/Personality/Self Promotion
8. When to post? When is your ideal client on Instagram?
for content planning: Later, Planoly
for best time to post: Insights, Prime
hashtag generator: FocalMark
collections & collages: Moldiv
quotes, saying, banners: Over, Canva
5. Hashtags for 50 Post Ideas
Hashtags for Monday
- #MarketingMonday – We like this one!
- #MondayBlues – Commiserate with your audience, or give them a pick-me-up
- #MotivationalMonday – Start your followers’ week off right with some motivational quotes and photos
- #MusicMonday – Great for music teachers, also a way to showcase the musical talents of your employees or customers
- #MondayMemories – Share memories of your business, or engage your audience by asking them to share their favorite memories
- #ManicureMonday – For spas and salons, of course
- #MindfulMonday – Yoga studios, life coaches, and other businesses related to mental health (think about other variations as well, such as #MindfulnessMonday or #MindfulMondayMantra)
- #MaxoutMonday #MondayRun — Gyms, personal trainers, and fitness coaches
- #MixedGreenMondays – Nutrition or restaurants
- #MondayOutfit – Fashion boutiques
Hashtags for Tuesday
- #TransformationTuesday – Post before and after photos (great for contractors, salons, personal trainers, landscapers, and more)
- #TrendyTuesday – Good for fashion but also a way to show how your business is keeping up with pop culture.
- #TipTuesday – Answer a customer FAQ or provide helpful tips
- #TechTuesday – Reveal new gadgets you’re using for your business, or offer tech tips
- #TravelTuesday– For travel or tourist industries
- #TopicTuesday – Share your thoughts on a popular topic in your industry
- #TuesdayTrivia — Test your followers’ knowledge, about your business or industry
- #TuesdayTunes — Music teachers can show off their students
- #TuesdayTraining — Fitness businesses
- #TuesdayTasting — Restaurants
- #TuesdayShoesday — Fashion
Hashtags for Wednesday
- #WellnessWednesday – Provide tips for staying healthy and active
- #WayBackWednesday – Share photos or videos from the early days of your business
- #WisdomWednesday – Share wise words of advice for your followers related to your industry
- #WorkoutWednesday – Post a workout idea or give a sneak peek at one of your Wednesday fitness classes
- #HumpDay – Let your followers know how you’re getting over the mid-week hump with this ubiquitous Wednesday hashtag
Hashtags for Thursday
- #ThrowbackThursday (also known as #tbt) – Share a picture of your business early on
- #ThankfulThursday – Thank someone who’s helped your business, your customers, or tell people what you’re thankful for. Gratitude goes a long way toward building customer loyalty on social media
- #ThursdayThoughts – Ask your followers’ opinions on ideas you have for improving your business
Hashtags for Friday
- #FearlessFriday – What makes you fearless? Tell a story about overcoming challenges related to your business
- #FlashbackFriday – Post an image of your founder as a child or of your business in its early stages
- #FeelGoodFriday – Post feel-good photos or quotes related to your industry, product, or service
- #FeatureFriday – Feature specific products or services, loyal customers, or share consumer-generated content
- #FashionFriday – Showcase how you’re keeping up with the latest style trending
- #FoodieFriday – Great for restaurants and fitness businesses
- #FunnyFriday – Share something funny about your business, customers, or employees
- #FitnessFriday – Display your newest 30-minute workout
- #FollowFriday – Feature another local business you follow, and encouraging your audience to follow them too
- #FridayFun – Show your followers how to have fun this weekend, or show some fun behind the scenes posts of your office culture
Hashtags for Saturday
- #SocialSaturday – Share how you’re interacting with your community through events and promotions
- #ShoutoutSaturday – Give a shout out to one of your star employees or customers
- #SmallBusinessSaturday – Use this on SmallBusinessSaturday to promote your business, feature a neighboring business, or encourage your followers to shop local
- #SalesSaturday – Offer a special discount or deal for your product or services
- #SaturdayStyle — Fashion posts and tips
- #SaturdaySweat — Trainers share a good workout
- #SaturdaySweets — Bakeries, restaurants, and nutrition experts
- #SaturdaySpecial, #SaturdaySale — use for your sales promotions
Hashtags for Sunday
- #SundayFunday – Continue the weekend fun by sharing fun ways to use your business’s products
- #SundayRead – Share one of your recent blog posts
- #StartupSunday – Show how passionate you are about your business
- #SpotlightSunday – Spread the love with spotlighting a loyal customer or evangelist
- #WeekendVibes – Display your happiness for the weekend
- #SundaySpecial, #SundaySale
6. Get inquiries from Ideal Clients
1. Ask to be contacted! Ask in your bio, in your posts, in your Insta Stories
2. Link in Bio:
* linktr.ee/Invisible Page
* book an appointment (calendly.com)
3. Your Website – use an Inquiry Form, give potential clients the opportunity to communicate what they need
4. Ask people to turn on Notifications
5. Mailing List – give something of Value!
6. Ads – target your Ideal Clients, make it Clear and Enticing, keep your booking rate in mind
Dos & Don'ts
1. Talk about politics or religon unless it's essential to your business. If you do, be positive and dyplomatic.
2. Don't confuse people. A business account should be about business and just a touch of your personality.
3. Don't try to be everything for everyone. Speak to your ideal client/niche.
4. Don't overuse filters on your photos.
5. Don't be too salesy.
1. Be consistent with branding and stick to your brand colors
2. Ask Questions and answer them
3. Always tag location in your photos & Insta Stories
4. Write with Value & communicate how you solve clients' problems
5. Use a call to action
6. Follow accounts that are aligned with your brand
Instagram Plan of Action:
1. Branding & Presentation
2. Plan how often you will post & be consistent
3. What is your goal for Instagram?
4. Follow accounts that are aligned with your brand
5. Create a call to action/landing page/newsletter
Avoid a Shadow Ban
A shadow ban means your profile cannot rank on hashtag, so your reach is limited.
To avoid it:
1. Don't Follow/Unfollow
2. Don't use bots/spammy apps
3. Don't leave spammy comments (especially with links)
4. Don't use all 30 hashtags
5. Put hashtags in your caption, not in the comments
6. Don't use exactly the same hashtags all the time