Hi everyone! Today I've decided to share some facts about me with you. I am so grateful for my audience, so I thought this would bring us a little closer together. Here we go!
My name (Agnes) means 'pure' in Greek! :)
I have loved to draw since I was a little girl... Mostly women's portraits! In high school I started photographing on film and I still miss the excitement of it. This summer when things slow down I want to do a bit of work on film again!
I have a Master's Degree in Law, but I never truly had a desire to become a lawyer. I was very torn about what to study at the age of 19. Deep inside I've always wanted to photograph full-time, but I didn't voice this desire out loud until my late twenties...
I worked at a TV station for years and I learned a LOT in the process! How to tell stories through a visual medium, how to edit videos, how to manage big projects... Even though it was a stressful environment at times, looking back I really appreciate how much I have learned.
5. I am a big bookworm! Reading relaxes me so and I love immersing myself in the story. Reading is so great for developing our imagination! I am that person who still goes to the library and enjoys the smell of books :) Epic tales like “Les Miserables” and great thrillers like “Gone Girl” are my favorite!
6. If I could be born in another time, I would have chosen the 1950s, so I could wear all the pretty outfits and go to movie dates!
7. Starting my business has changed my life, my horizons and taught me SO much about hard work, money management and about what people value. I am so in love with my job, because it's so much more than taking pretty photos of women. It's also hearing their stories and even crying with them sometimes, tapping into their (often times neglected) self-love and desires, giving them an experience of reconnecting with themselves. The photos they will get to cherish forever are a cherry on top!
8. Sue Bryce will forever stay my favorite photographer and teacher! She is a thought leader and I wouldn't be where I am without her.
9. Some women think my closet is huge since I like to dress up, but I actually don't buy a lot of clothes! I like investing in pieces that will serve me for years and I don't get a lot of 'disposable fashion'.
10. A healthy lifestyle and self-care plays a big part in my balanced life. I've always loved being active, I try to go to the gym at least twice a week and when I do, I practice yoga or go for a dance workout. I also love being in nature, it nurtures me so much. When I go for vacation with my husband, we usually choose quiet places with amazing views.
11. I've never been great at cooking, but recently I find myself in the kitchen more often! I like preparing simple and healthy dishes :) I like eating even more :P
12. The weirdest fact about me is that sometimes I sleep walk! One time my husband woke up to the sight of me scratching the bedroom door – funny but spooky!
I hope it was fun for you to learn a little bit more about me! If we get to work together, we will have some great topics to talk about! ;)
Let me know if we have something in common!
Quote of the day:
Follow us on social media!