… and just like that, it’s September already and it feels like summer is slowly packing up to leave us. This is the time of the year when people are back from vacations, kids are back to school and our studio is starting to fill up again.
Today I want to talk about a subject that comes up SO often with my conversations with clients.
A lot of women, especially empaths, have a block around marketing themselves and can feel guilty or vain about it. So why is it so important to market yourself and can you do it and feel GREAT about it?
Keep reading to find out and to see websites of some boss babes who have become rockstars at this!
It is especially important for Solopreneurs, Service-Based Businesses and Experts. In all those cases, your brand is YOU, so people need to see you!
Why it's important to market yourself:
1. People buy from those they like and trust. Big brands get personal too. Tesla and Elon Musk, Apple and Steve Jobs. Celebrities endorsing products.
2. If you have great content, but people don't see a face behind the brand, you're loosing big time. Don't be shy of becoming an expert in your field.
3. You can't be everything to everyone. Speak to your niche/ideal client!
4. On the same note, know that not everyone will be drawn to you. But this will help in attracting the right clients and repelling the wrong ones.
5. Portraits of you will have the most engagement and social media runs on engagement!
How to market yourself & feel good about it!
Be sure to share personal images and stories that give your brand life and make it feel less corporate and less generic. Prospective clients want to know if they’ll like you, feel comfortable with you, feel safe with you and if they’ll enjoy working with you. Use the photos to share more about yourself and your values.
Use the photos to educate your prospective clients about the experience. Share your expertise and they will be happy to work with you!
Choose a photographer who doesn't overprocess photos. You need to look your best, but still like You. Don't use old photos, many people find that deceiving.
Try your best to be authentic with your imagery! You don't need to be fake!
Want to find out more? Book a phone consultation HERE!